Family Mediation in Woodstock
Participating in The Counselling House Family Mediation in Woodstock Services allows you to engage in a voluntary process in which a couple or family attempts to resolve their disputes during a separation or divorce.
- Mediators help each individual and the family identify key issues and work through them.
- The mediator works to ensure that both parties` perspectives are considered.
- The mediator will not take sides, make decisions for the family, or give legal advice.
What Types of Issues can be Mediated?
- When to separate
- How to separate
- Custody and access issues
- Spousal support
- Child support
- Division of property
- Parenting arrangements that can be mediated as the children age
How do I know if mediation is for me?
- You are willing to try to work out a solution
- You feel safe meeting with the other party to discuss presenting issues
- You are able and willing to communicate your needs
- You are willing and able to listen to the other party`s concerns
The Counselling House Mediation Services provide support for families going through separation
Benefits of mediation include:
- It is voluntary
- High success rate
- Allows parties to work out their own solutions
- Can improve communication between parties
- Can be less expensive and formal than court
- It is private
- It is better for your children
Mediation does not take place of each party having a lawyer, and each party is encouraged to seek prior legal counsel prior to attending mediation.